Saturday, July 26, 2014

2014: page two hundred three

BABY JACK!

My first time holding Jack!
Today was the day that baby Jack made his arrival via C-section this morning! Yippee! He was born at 7:42 AM weighing 5 lbs. 11 oz. and 19 inches long.

A big thank you to Matt and Dana for watching B, so I could go to the hospital to meet him and hang out for a while! They even took her to the aquarium and from the looks of the pictures, her and Jason had a wonderful time. And, they are both pretty silly. :)


While B was off playing with them, I was at the hospital meeting Jack. Since he was so tiny, he had trouble keeping his blood sugar up. So, soon after I got there, I was helping trying to get him to take a bottle, but poor little guy didn't have the energy with his low blood sugar. They needed to get his blood sugar up, so he would have energy to eat. That means, he had to be taken to the Special Care Nursery one floor up to get an IV. :(

Long story short, after a bit of trouble getting an IV in, within 30 minutes of starting the IV, his blood sugar was well within an acceptable range. Thank you, God!

Since Jack was up in the special nursery, mom, dad, John, Jensen and I went to the cafeteria to grab some lunch. Then I headed to pick B up and then back to mom and dads. But, of course, I stayed and chatted with Dana for a bit before we actually left. :) She is such an amazing friend and person!

Once we got back to my mom and dads, they were already back and had Jensen with them. B and Jensen played so well together for rest of the day and had so much fun! I thoroughly enjoyed watching them play and playing with them!

One of Jensen's favorite spots is Grandpa's shed.
So, that's where they hung out for a bit.
 
 
 
B and Jensen were playing on Grandma
and Grandpa's bed for a while. :)

No comments: