Thursday, July 3, 2014

2014: page one hundred seventy-one

Yes! A much better day today! I approached it with a different attitude - no agenda. I think part of the problem with yesterday is that I wanted to get so much done and when things didn't go as planned, I didn't handle it well.

So, today I didn't have a plan to do anything. Ha ha ha! But, yes, that's true. Maybe not exactly that, but instead, I decided I would just write down everything I did.

All too often it feels like I don't get much done, when in reality my day is spent doing a lot of little things. Well, today was the day to record those things and that's what I did. I wrote down every single little thing I did. The intent was to realize what I do daily, appreciate it, and not be so hard on myself. That's exactly what happened. A bonus, however, was that writing things down actually motivated me to keep doing more just so I could write it down. Ha ha ha! (There's a little glimpse into how I operate.) :)

About half way through the day, I quit writing things down because my purpose in doing it was accomplished. The list is really insignificant, but it was empowering.

No comments: