Sunday, July 13, 2014

2014: page one hundred eighty-eight

Where I Live Is Weird

With Petra babysitting B this morning I thought it would a be a good time to add a trip to the liquor "store" to my list of errands to get vodka for homemade cleaners and rum for homemade vanilla extract. Well, wouldn't you know it, it's closed on Mondays. Bah!

Get this, the hours of our local liquor "agency" is Tuesday thru Saturday noon until 7:00 Oh, and they only take cash. Oh (again), and it's an agency which means that you can't even peruse the selection. Everything is kept behind a counter and the employee has to retrieve what you are wanting. Yes, for real! Oh my weird.

Yep, this is Utah. Rural Utah at that. I'm thinking it's a county thing, because although all liquor stores in Utah are run by the state, they are real walk-around-and-pick-out-what-you-want stores. Not these weird agencies.

I guess the homemade cleaners and vanilla extract will have to wait for another day. :)

Happy Monday!

No comments: