Thursday, April 10, 2014

2014: page ninety-eight

I'm pretty much at my wit's end with this whole sleeping issue we have going on at our house right now along with cleaning up poop accidents. I know it's all a part of being a mom. It's not all glamorous (actually, I've found MOST of it isn't glamorous. Ha!), but it's worth it. So, that's all I'm going to say about it for today and I'm moving on. :)

Ryan could tell that I was having a rough day, so he took B and I to the park. On the way, he stopped at the store and had me pick up something from the deli so that I wouldn't have to fix dinner. Insert a sigh of relief here. Well, by the time I grabbed some chicken strips and we got to the park, B was crashed out. So, we ate in the Jeep and headed back home.

We decided to let her sleep for a little bit longer even though it was a bit late in the evening and put her in her bed.

As of yesterday, we began to get a smell of cat pee that started wafting up from the basement and it's getting worse. Yuck! I'll be honest in that I am not a big cat person in the first place, and then to have that smell...

Apparently, the cat likes to go to the bathroom sometimes on some remnant carpet we have in the basement. Eeew. Well, when we got down there to move the stuff off the carpet to remove it, we discovered the carpet was soaking wet. Not fun! So, in reality, yes, the cat had gone to the bathroom a little bit down there, but it was exasperated by the wet carpet. After further investigating, it appears that some water had leaked from having the hose on a for a while the other day. Actually, this is good news compared to what Ryan thought it was at first, which was water seeping up through the concrete foundation. Thank goodness!

The three of us and the dogs finished our evening with a walk on the golf course, heading to the pond which was full of birds. Yeah for spring!

And, finally, the random photo of the day: I'm trying to be gluten/grain free and I'd seen a picture of a cucumber sandwich a few weeks ago. So, I decided to try it and it was delicious, although a bit messy. :)


No comments: