Tuesday, April 1, 2014

2014: page eighty-four

What a wonderful day full of fun and friends - new ones and old ones!

When we got in to town last evening, it dawned on me that my small group leader, Suzanne, from my online Bible study lives in the Denver area. I decided to throw it out there to her that I was in town. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a chicken and was afraid of putting myself out there to be rejected, so I didn't outright ask her if she wanted to meet up. But, thankfully, once she knew I was in town, plans got started to meet up at the mall! Since B and I don't have a vehicle to get around, she was willing to travel the 25-30 minutes in order to meet up. What a blessing it was to meet her and her children!

B and I got there a bit before Suzanne and her kids, so we wandered about a bit. In the middle of the mall, there was a water fountain, which B really enjoyed. She kept wanting to go back to it. Looking for crocodiles was her goal. Ha ha ha! I kept telling her that there weren't any, but she was having fun and kept looking. :)


Once Suzanne and her kids got there the five of us spent a lot of time at the mall eating lunch and just wandering and talking. Her sweet daughter took the lead and we went to some very fun stores, including Build A Bear, American Girl, and the Disney store. B's favorite was the Disney store. She lit up when we walked in and said, "Wow, oh wow!"

Then in the evening Ryan, B and I met up with Christine, one of my closest friends and a roommate when I lived in Colorado. We haven't seen each other in almost 4 years, so it was wonderful to be able to spend some time together. As well, I got to meet her youngest who is 9 months old and she met B for the first time. So much fun to see how our lives have changed and to still be friends! I only wish we had taken a picture. :(

B & M

Me and Suzanne

1 comment:

Christine said...

I was so, so happy to see you too! Let's not wait another 4 years, ok? ;)