Saturday, March 8, 2014

2014: page sixty-four

More potty training. Need I say more? :)

Ryan brought us lunch, so could actually eat. Ha ha ha! And then fixed dinner when he got home. What a man!

Today is Ash Wednesday, which is the beginning of Lent. Earlier today I read an excellent article on Lent, which gave me a great perspective on it. Considering that I had never really thought much about Lent before marrying Ryan, this was helpful. It's not just about giving something up, but also about adding something, about giving to the less fortunate. All of this as a way to focus on what Jesus did, His sacrifice leading up to Easter and the celebration of His resurrection.

In all honesty, the past few years, I have half-heartedly attempted to "do this whole Lent thing." This year, I wanted it to be different. It had to be something that really meant something and that I committed to or I just wasn't going to do it.

Thinking of something was proving to be a challenge and even as of this morning, before I read the article on Lent, I had nothing concrete. I had figured that I wasn't going to participate in Lent this year. I am thankful that I read the article, was challenged by it, and felt God showing me how I could "sacrifice" for Him for 40 days.

Therefore, I am giving up something that will be difficult for me, but a good challenge. As well, I am adding more time with Him to my day and intentionally being attentive to possible needs around me and how I can help.

All glory to Him, my God and Savior!

No comments: