Thursday, March 13, 2014

2014: page seventy

Lately, I have been painting some wooden words to hang on the wall and B has wanted to help. As much fun as she was having helping me, today, I decided to grab her an unpainted wooden plaque and let her go to town with it. She had a blast! Picking which color to paint when and how was so much fun for her.

Unprompted by me, she started chatting about what she was painting. A turtle! I was so surprised that she was painting something specific! She went on to chat while she was painting and said, "a arm, a tail, another arm." I was pretty impressed! I know I am biased. :) We will definitely be painting again soon.

Cousin Aryka came over to play today when she got out of school. Silly girl sang a song, well several songs, about bacon, including some dance moves. Apparently, she really, really likes bacon. Ha ha!

Towards the end of the evening, we sat down on the couch and Aryka wanted to braid B's hair. B still doesn't like her hair played with much. Once she realized that Aryka was touching it, she told her, "ow," which it didn't really hurt. Then the next words out of her mouth cracked both Aryka and I up. "That's MY hair." Seriously! Where does she come up with these things? Too funny!




"Turtle" by B


The new dog bed is such a fun place to pretend sleep on. :)

One of the bacon songs/dances. My favorite part is the part about turkey bacon. "No way!" Ha ha ha! I agree! :)
 

No comments: