Thursday, September 18, 2014

2014: page two hundred fifty-two

Anna, the bookseller, stopped by our house today.

I bought books.

Of course.

Well, it's really not my fault, you see, for two reasons.
  1. I (usually) can't say no when someone comes to our door selling something.
  2. They were books. How can I say no to books? Especially when they are fun, well-designed, educational books for B. 
Considering we aren't sending her to preschool and thus aren't spending the money for her class, I don't feel so bad about purchasing them. Although, I think it's time for a "No Soliciting" sign on our door. :)

In any case, Anna was a sweet college aged girl from Latvia selling these amazing books. Sitting with her and chatting was so much fun. Unfortunately, we were on our way out the door not long after she got there, so it was a mad rush at the end. I would have so enjoyed hanging out with her a bit more. But, now I have a new friend from Latvia.

As we were rushing out the door, we paused for a picture with Anna.

Rushing out the door, we met Randi at Gandolfo's for some lunch, then headed back home for B's nap.

Ryan's short day trip to Orangeville went longer than he expected, so he had to meet me at church a few minutes after worship practice was scheduled. So, I dropped B off at April's and drove over to church to open the door before everyone else got there.

Unfortunately, he wasn't done working for the day at that point either. Once worship practice was over, he met me at April's for a few minutes to hang out for a minute and so he could see B. Then back to work at the Roosevelt office until after midnight. :/

No comments: