Friday, September 12, 2014

2014: page two hundred fifty-one

First day of (at home) "preschool"!

Since we opted against the preschool B was going to go to, I asked her if she wanted to have preschool at home with momma and she agreed. :)


I was going for the cute "this is my first day of school" picture and this is what I got. Ha ha ha! She had no interest in being cute and posing for a picture. Oh well.

We won't be doing anything too hard core, but I'm looking forward to it. Our "preschool" will look something like this:
  • focus on a new letter of the alphabet each week following this Letters to Serve curriculum I purchased last year. I'm very excited about this because it combines learning, Jesus, and service and I love that! This includes songs, crafts, activities, books, coloring pages, Bible verses, Bible characters, praying for friends and family, and then an act of service.
  • focus on a character trait or a fruit of the Spirit or an emotion. I think we'll start with the fruit of the spirit.
I've already pulled out my laminator, printed coloring pages, checked books out from the library that begin with the letters A and B, etc. The nerdy/geeky side of me is really enjoying this. :)

No comments: