Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2014: page fifty-two

I finally did it.

I cleared all the clothes out of my closet and in my dresser that do not currently fit. Well, that part was done a while ago, but the clothes remained folded on my closet floor. That is until today when I filled two...yes, TWO...totes full of those clothes. I am going to label those bins and take them to the basement with the expiration date of August 21, 2014. Six months from today. Whatever still does not fit at that time is going bye bye. To the consignment store. Maybe this is the motivation I need to get them to fit once again. And maybe they'll just end up earning me a little bit of money. Time will tell.

Truthfully, it feels good to have them out of my closet. Now I can see what I really have to wear and don't have those clothes taunting me any longer. Ha ha! I had always thought they'd be motivation, but almost two years after Briella's birth that hasn't worked. So, maybe this plan will work.

Anyway, on to other things.

B went over to one of her auntie's houses and played with cousins all afternoon and I had some "down" time, whatever that is. Ha! As much as I love my sweet girl, I enjoy when I have some time to myself. And she LOVES going over there!

I went to pick her up later in the afternoon and actually just ended up hanging out for a while with Ryan's mom and a couple of sisters. So long, in fact, that Ryan just headed there after work and joined in the party. What a great time with all of them in some unplanned hang out time.

Then this led to an impromptu date! Yippee!

We were about to head out to grab something to eat and B was contentedly playing and snacking at her auntie's house. Sweet Crystal, who had been watching her half of the day already, offered to let her stay so Ryan and I could go out! What a pleasant surprise! Even just the amount of time to have a dinner together alone is wonderful!

Today turned out to be filled with some unexpected and refreshing blessings! And it's just the beginning of the weekend. :)

No comments: