Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2014: page fifty-three

Shooting some guns is how we started off our day today. Ryan, B and I met my friend Randi up on a friend of hers property that is set up as a shooting range.

My hunter's education shooting test is next Saturday and I hadn't shot a gun for almost 5 years. Definitely needed to make sure I could still hit a target before being tested on it. :)

Thankfully, the test is done using a .22 and I can handle that. I'll have to be able to shoot 3 rounds of 10 shots - 10 standing, 10 sitting, and 10 lying down. All in all, I think I did pretty well. I shot 40 shots with only 1 stray bullet from the standing position and even that shot hit on the paper. So, none went out into the wilderness. Woohoo!

After those practice shots, Randi got out her rifle, which is a 7mm. Man, do rifles have a good kick and this is about as small of a rifle as you can get. The video below is me shooting the 7mm. Can't really see it in the video, but it kicked me pretty good. But it was fun. :)

After that, Ryan, B and I went for a little drive and ended up having lunch at the Grill.

A great way to spend a Saturday!

No comments: