Thursday, March 31, 2011

56 Blue Stars!

46 blue stars in a row....56 blue stars total....


I am proud of my blue stars! Each blue star represents a workout session and currently I am at 46 in a row, with 56 total since February 1st! Yes, that is why I am proud.

I can't say that I have ever been so committed to exercise, at least in my adult life. Working out is maybe an addiction now, but at least it's a good one. I actually look forward to working out - I know, weird, huh? Ha ha.

In all actuality, this is all in an attempt to lead a healthier life by being active, putting the right things in my body, etc. The eating healthy part gets to me still at times as it's way easier to cheat with what I put in my mouth. BUT I got a good thing started and I'm committed to continuing. I've lost 7 pounds so far and even if the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I would like, it IS coming off and I'm developing more muscles (and as they say, muscle weighs more than fat).

Each day looks a little different than the others, but in general, once I get going I either want to push myself harder or I want to go longer. I mix it up with the following:
  • Interval training on my elliptical machine (which is the best thing I've purchased for myself maybe ever!) is what I try to do the most by:
    • Increasing the resistance every 2 minutes or
    • Going as fast as I can for 30 seconds and then slowing it down for 90 seconds and repeating that cycle
  • Every now and again I throw in a day that's just basic cardio at a speed walking pace
  • And of course, there's some weight training happening a couple times a week
It's fun and I feel good! Yeah for stars!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Way to go Connie! I joined a gym in May and have been working out on a regular basis ever since. I have come to love working out and my body craves it now too. Keep it up friend. You look great!