Saturday, March 12, 2011

2 Days in the City

Well, I only successfully managed to post 2 days in a row before I missed a day, but oh well. We went to Salt Lake Friday and Saturday, so I'm ok with it. :)

What took us to the city was Ryan's nerdy side (those are his words...ha ha). The Highlands Bagpipe Experience drew Ryan to downtown Salt Lake with me at his side. Oh, and my parents came along for the ride. Actually, it turned out to be really fun. The Utah Pipeband played some bagpipe music with some cute dancing Scottish girls. It was an interactive experience learning about a little bit of Scottish history, more about the bagpipe and Scottish dress. Plus, I just like the feel of being downtown.

Afterwards we hung out with my brother and nephew, which is always fun. My nephew is a VERY active 16 month old little boy with quite the personality. He's at a stage where he is learning lots and its fun to see his little brain work and all the words he is learning. And he is finally starting to remember his Aunt Nonnie and Uncle Wine. :)

Today, we spent the day at the Spring Home and Garden Show with my parents walking around and attending a few presentations about gardening. Sounds nerdy, but we all enjoyed it. We followed that up eating at one of my favorite restaurants, Iggy's. My wonderful husband then took me shopping at Payless and to get a frozen coffee drink from Beans N Brews, another one of my favorites. He is too sweet!

We had quite the eventful drive home encountering an unexpected snow storm in the canyon with low visibility, but we made it home safe and sound thankfully.

Reading through this, it doesn't sound that exciting, but it was actually such a fun weekend and just what I needed. But I have to say that one of my favorite parts of the weekend was the great conversations my hubby and I had on the drive out. I love how different we are and where our conversations go. :)

1 comment:

Christine said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me! I love bagpipe music.