Friday, May 9, 2014

2014: page one hundred twenty-eight

Ah, freedom. Freedom from a number. A number that I've let define me. That number is the size of pants I wear.

Because I always want to be a size (or two or three) smaller, I don't like buying pants, which means I don't buy them very often (unless they are leggings and stretch, ha ha ha!). Well, I have always wanted a "trendy" pair of jeans that cost a little more than I normally spend and I always told myself that I will buy a pair once I am the size that I want to be. That day never seems to come, of course.

Before I got pregnant, I was pretty close. Since having B, I've struggled with getting down to even my pre-pregnancy weight, let alone a final goal weight. Sigh. Not liking how I look or feel about how much I weigh has held me back. I don't want to buy a pair of pants with "that" size.

Today, I freed myself from that thinking by trying on a pair of "trendy" capris without thinking about the number on the tag and letting it define who I am anymore. I am NOT a number. They were fun and cute and so I BOUGHT THEM! That's a big deal to me! It's not the jeans, rather it's the change in my thought pattern!

Now, this doesn't mean that I'm going to stop working on getting healthier, which will hopefully lead to a smaller pants size. It does mean that I'm just going to love myself with who I am right now and not be defined by anything other than who God created me to be.

That is freeing.

And for something completely different, our nieces had their year end dance performance this evening. All the girls performed in their group routines and Aryka performed her solo routine. All of them did great and Aryka's solo was amazing!

Aryka's dance solo. (Really wish I would have brought my real camera to get some close-ups)

No comments: