Thursday, May 29, 2014

2014: page one hundred forty-one

Holes got dug today! Our dirt is ridiculously hard to dig. Seriously. Lots and lots of water made it easier, but man did it take me forever to dig just one hole. Ryan took pity on me and dug the other hole. :)

B was over at her cousins while I got that and a couple of other things done. When I went to pick her up just before naptime, I ended up talking with Crystal for a long while. That means it was too late for B to nap, which also means that I didn't want to take B home and deal with a grumpy two year old. Ha ha! So, we just stayed.

I let Ryan know where we were and he met us over there after work. After visiting for a bit, he headed home to do some yard work (which is when he dug the hole). Since it was dinnertime by then, we decided that I would order pizza for all of us and he would pick it up and bring it over. Yum! It's been a while since we've ordered pizza.

This next part of my day is so hard for me to write and brings tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat just thinking about it again.

The scariest moment of my life as a mom happened after dinner.

The cousins were playing in the yard while Kathy, Crystal and I sat around the table chatting. B decided she was going to run away over into Auntie's yard. Ah, we have been working on stopping, listening, and obeying instead of running, but she still doesn't follow that all the time. Then to add on top of that her cousins started running after her to try and stop her. Of course, she thought they were playing and kept running, turning down the driveway towards the road and running some more until I couldn't see her anymore.

She felt so far away and in danger. I felt helpless and all I could do was jump up and run. I ran through the gate and into the road, because I figured that would be my best chance to see where she was and if there were any cars since it is a somewhat busy road that people often speed down.

And I ran.

As fast as I could.

Thankfully, I didn't see her in the road and there were not any cars.

At the same time, Crystal had jumped up and was running through the yard. I think she's faster than me. :) She got there first. I am so thankful that B's cousins had reached her and one of them had grabbed her by the arm just before she had gotten to the road. When I saw her, I lost it. I knelt down and just hugged her and cried, telling her how much she had scared momma. I think she understood. She kept repeating throughout the evening with a sad look on her face that she had scared momma.

Ok, so I just lost it again even writing about it. Thankful isn't even a strong enough word to describe how I feel about the outcome when it could have been a tragedy. Thankful for more time with my sweet baby girl! Thank you, Jesus!

No comments: