Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10 Edition of Being Thankful

Today, I am thankful...

that three years ago today Ryan and I had our first date! How time flies! It was a wonderful first date. Ryan drove out from Roosevelt on that Saturday afternoon, meeting me at the Cheesecake Factory (he already knew that is a favorite of mine) for a late lunch. Seeing as how it was a Saturday and there was a long wait to eat, we wandered around the mall for a little bit. Next on the agenda was a Jazz game (so thankful that sports is one of the things both of us really enjoy). Still had a bit of time before the game, so on our way to catch the train to downtown Ryan asked if we could stop at the Christian Bookstore for a minute as there was a new Bible he wanted. Then to the Trax to catch our ride downtown and to the Jazz game. After the game I dropped Ryan off at his car after we got off the train. We ended up sitting in my car for over an hour just talking and then as he was getting ready to go he gave me the sweetest first kiss ever! That was the first time I'd been asked before I was kissed. :) Sweet memory! So against all the advice you would read about making your first date a short one, we managed to not only get through, but to thoroughly enjoy our first date together at a total of 9 hours! After all, Ryan had driven 2.5 hours to Salt Lake just for our date. Had to make the most of it and we did! I love remembering our first date! 

No comments: