Wednesday, August 20, 2014

2014: page two hundred twenty-two

There's no easy way to talk about today. It was rough. Finding out that my uncle died during the night last night was a difficult thing to hear this morning. Even though I hadn't seen him in many years, I was saddened to hear of his passing at such a young age (56). He had lived a rough life, battling addictions and living on the streets at times.

My mom only learned a few days ago that he was dying of liver failure, when she found out that he was in the same care center as my Grandma Tall. He had been in there for about a month and we're not sure why they didn't notify anyone until this week. Thankfully, both my mom and aunt were able to go see him a couple of times after hearing of his condition. Unfortunately, he was sleeping really most of the time. Oh, how she wishes she had known earlier and could have visited with him when he was awake more. All in all, such a sad ending for my uncle.

Needless to say, I cried through most of church. I ended up napping for a while after church and missed the first part of Jayla's birthday party at Bottle Hollow, but drove out there for the end of the party. Looks like all the kids had fun swimming and running around.

Watching kids having fun is somehow therapeutic. So, I'm thankful for that and some fresh air to end the day.

Jenna and B chillin' on a rock at Bottle Hollow.

No comments: