Friday, August 22, 2014

2014: page two hundred twenty-eight

STAYCATION DAY 1

We actually started our first day of staycation out by helping a lady from church move. I know it doesn't sound very vacation-y, but it was important. Originally, just Ryan was going to go help. Then I thought that B and I could catch a ride over with him and shop at JoAnn's, Petco, Sportsman's Warehouse, etc until they had finished packing her house in Vernal.

After further thought and discussion with Ryan, we decided that B and I would help with the move. While we wouldn't be of much help (her because she is 2 and me because I'll be chasing her around. Ha.), some valuable lessons could be taught to B.  Lessons such as the importance of helping others, giving of your time to others, doing it all with a cheerful hear, etc. B already loves to help and was ready to jump right in once we got there. She carried a few things out and "helped" me carry other things out. Although, her favorite part was pushing the button to open the automatic doors. :)

We finished helping with the move around 3:00 and then we hopped in the Jeep to head over to Fruitland and the base of Tabby Mountain. Part of Ryan's Dedicated Hunter program requires that he help cut down small trees that start growing in order to encourage the growth of plants that the animals eat. The three of us had a little picnic, walked around together for a while and then he took off to find small trees to cut down. B and I hung out around the Jeep, played in the dirt, drew pictures, and more.


No comments: