Wednesday, August 27, 2014

2014: page two hundred thirty

STAYCATION DAY 3

A trip up to Flaming Gorge and a stop off at Little Brush Creek Cave, which is Utah's longest cave, were on today's docket. We ate lunch at the Flaming Gorge Resort Restaurant, then journeyed on down across the dam for B to see. Once across the dam, we stopped at the view point where we could see the dam, the reservoir and the Green River far down below.







Driving back towards Vernal, we ventured off the main road to find the entrance to Little Brush Creek Cave, which we did find. However, I wasn't really prepared for the hike down to the entrance in my flip flops. It's pretty steep and I'm not sure how I would have done climbing down even wearing hiking boots. Ha ha! Maybe someday we will go back more prepared to venture down in there and probably without B.


Once back in Vernal, we found the new Christian bookstore and wandered around a bit. Then Ryan hit Sportsman's Warehouse while B and I went to Joann's.

This evening, I received a message back with the results from my blood work that was taken a couple of weeks ago. Hypothyroid. Wasn't really what I wanted to hear. :( Guess I shouldn't really be surprised since it tends to run in my family, but still. Ugh. Although, it is good to have an answer as to why I've been feeling the way I have both physically and mentally.

Finished the day off with leftover pizza at home for dinner.

No comments: