Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rejuvenated

This past weekend was just what I needed. I feel rejuvenated. I AM rejuvenated. We had an amazing weekend together and with family and friends! Saturday morning we headed out to Salt Lake to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. It's always good to see my family. My dad made a yummy breakfast for all of us and the rest of the day we just relaxed and hung out at the house and of course played with my nephew. Then it was off to the Jazz game that night. Even though the outcome wasn't what I wanted, we had a BLAST! It was the most fun I've had at a sporting event. The playoffs bring it to a whole other level.



So, not the best picture of me, but we were having fun at the Jazz game!

My wonderful husband decided that we should stay in Salt Lake for the night rather than driving home afterwards like we usually do on our trips to the city. It was nice not to have to make the long drive back home so late. What was even more amazing is that he didn't even know how much I needed this. It allowed us to go to church out there and see some friends that I hadn't seen in a while.

We ended our weekend with a trip up to the mountains to celebrate Mother's Day with Ryan's family on Sunday afternoon. It was a little chilly, but it was good to get up into the mountains and relax and hang out with more family.

Prior to last weekend I guess without realizing it, I was kind of feeling blah. Last week I was sick ALL week and I've never been that sick for that long. Ugh. And the two weeks prior to that Ryan was out of town for the majority of the time. I missed him tremendously! At times, I also find that I miss my life in Salt Lake, miss my friends, my church, and of course my family. I had come upon one of those times at the same time as feeling sick and not spending much time with my husband. Not a good combination, but thankfully this weekend was perfectly timed and gave me just what I needed!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Glad you're feeling better and that you had such a great weekend. Your nephew is adorable!