Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Not Fun!

If you're looking for an effective weight loss program, I have stumbled upon it it. It's also a great way of getting out of work. First, get your wisdom teeth pulled. Then about 3 weeks later, get a crazy awful infection in one of the extraction sites. Three weeks later, have oral surgery again to remove whatever was left behind in one of the extraction sites. Then, as if that weren't enough, about a week after that get the stomach flu.

Going on 3 days with the stomach flu so far. Yuck! I'm sick of not feeling well. Sick of not being able to eat. The extra 5+ pounds I've lost, I'm not sure is worth it. And I'd rather be at work believe it or not than feel this way. Not to mention the 60 hours of time off (sick time and vacation time after that ran out) that I've had to take in the last 8 weeks and am now down to zero hours and am taking time off unpaid. Nice! Oh, and since I've used my vacation time it's going to put a damper on our summer vacation plans. (Don't worry Tara, we'll still be able to go to Yellowstone :)). Argh!

Oh, to feel better. And, I honestly don't ever remember having the stomach flu before and I have to say in my experience it is awful! The first two days were dreadful and I'm now just starting to feel well enough to even get on a computer. Guess that means I'm on the upswing and am once again looking forward to joining the world of the living here soon. I would much rather be at work. And I would much rather weigh those extra pounds. Like Ryan said, I've had a good run. Ha! Now, I can't wait for a good run of feeling well the rest of the spring and ALL summer!

3 comments:

Tara Brown said...

Ughhhhhhhh......... hope you are feeling better!! Puking is the worst! Glad Yellowstone will still work, so sorry you have to worry about not having vacation )-: boo...
Sending love and hugs!!

Christine said...

Yuck, no fun at all. I hope you're feeling better now.

Gallagher Fam said...

oooh...feel batter soon!