Friday, May 14, 2010

Mmmmm....Banana Bread

So, last night I realized that we had some bananas that were really ripe and needed to be eaten. Of course that means banana bread, right? :) Well, I really am trying to watch what I eat so I decided that I would try to find a "healthy" banana bread recipe and try it out. Here is the recipe I tried this afternoon and it was actually really good and moist, so I thought I'd share it.

Ingredients
· 1/3 c. natural applesauce
· 3/4 c. brown sugar
· 3 egg whites
· 2-3 bananas
· 1/3 c. water
· 1 2/3 c. wheat flour
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1/4 tsp baking powder

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix applesauce and sugar.
3. Stir in eggs then bananas then water.
4. Stir in dry ingredients.
5. Pour mixture into a loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

I did add some chocolate chips, because everything is better with chocolate. :) It would have still been delicious without them, though.

1 comment:

Christine said...

YUM! That looks delicious. I think I'll have to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing.