Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 18 (Catch Up) Edition of Being Thankful

It's been over a week since I've posted, so I'll just have to catch up today with all the things this past week has brought me to be thankful for.

Today, I am thankful...

for baby shower #1 last week on Friday here in Roosevelt. My sisters-in-law and mother-in-law threw a fun shower and it was fun to hear everyone's birthing stories. :) That is the time to tell all the good and the horror stories, right? Just when someone else is about to have a baby. Ha ha.

for baby shower #2 last Saturday in Salt Lake. My mom did a wonderful job throwing the shower and it was so much fun to catch up with a bunch of people that I rarely get to see and whom I miss so much! And Dana made the yummiest cake!

for an extra day in Salt Lake. The weather was a little iffy to drive back home on Sunday and while I was bummed at first that I wasn't going to get to come home to Ryan, it really was nice to spend that day with my mom and dad. Plus, I got a few errands done that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise (such as get the flooring for the baby's room so Ryan could install it this week).

for a fun day yesterday in Park City. We drove out for Ryan's oral surgery consultation (2 dental implants that he needs) and then had a yummy lunch and did a little shopping. I definitely appreciate the opportunity to eat at a fun, different restaurant these days now that I don't get that opportunity very often here in Roosevelt. It's always the same couple to choose from. Ha ha. That's about the same for the shopping. Although, I don't have much energy to do that much shopping, so I really just wanted to go to the Old Navy Outlet to look at baby clothes. We really don't need any more 0-3 months clothing as we got a lot of cute stuff at the showers and a ton of hand-me-downs. But, I had to choose baby girl's "coming home from the hospital" outfit. Turned out that the ON outlet had everything 40% off! So, we got her outfit. Yeah!

that the baby's room is so close to being done. Ryan has spent so much time on it and it looks great! He is just finishing up the trim then we can move the dresser into it. So, now I can order the crib so it will arive this week and Ryan can put it together when he gets back from Denver on Friday. Woohoo! And then I can wash everything and put in there and just wait for baby girl to make her appearance. :)

So much to be thankful for! I'm one blessed girl!

1 comment:

Tara Brown said...

Love it! Soooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!