Friday, October 24, 2008

And It Begins

Angel Tree. Yes, I know it's crazy. Yes, I know last year I said I would not do it again. Yes, I know that I told pretty much everyone that if I said I was going to do it again to just shoot me. Well, now I am asking that none of you shoot me. :) I have to admit that it's not really because I want to do it (although a portion of me for some crazy reason will always want to do it), but more that it will be helpful to have a little extra cash at the moment. The good news is that I have a more limited role than I did last year. In fact, the application process actually started a couple of weeks ago and I have not been a part of that. That was part of the deal...that I didn't have to work the crazy application process that drains a person of all Christmas spirit. Last night, I went to sign the paperwork to get hired back. For now, I will just be doing data entry when it fits into my schedule. Then, starting after Thanksgiving, the real fun starts in the warehouse and the collecting of toys and clothes. I'm not saying that sarcastically. That is actually the fun part, although, incredibly exhausting and most of my waking moments will be working my regular job and then Angel Tree. More good news, though, is that I had already planned a 4 day trip at the beginning of December so I'll have a break this year. Yeah! So, there you have it. It's more of a confession for those of you who I have hidden the fact that I decided to participate in the insanity once again. Oh, and a plea for your prayers to make it through yet another Christmas season without losing all the joy it's supposed to have.

1 comment:

Tara Brown said...

We won't shoot you (-: It sounds like you are able to make it work for you this year. May it be less chaotic and more enjoyable doing the parts you enjoy, not doing some of the stuff you despise and feeling like you get to help children all over SLC feel a little more of Christ's love through tangible gifts!