Monday, June 10, 2013

Bits and Pieces of Life

  1. Friday, I nursed Briella for the last time. I knew it was going to be hard, but I didn't anticipate how emotional I would get over it. I know that it's time, but I was sad. Really sad. Sobbing sad. I love her and I'm really going to miss those moments that only her and I shared. Time flies way too quickly.
  2. Friday night was the Relay for Life that goes all night long. This was the first night that I've stayed up past 11:00 in a very long time and it was also the first night that I have ever been away from Briella. Kind of weird and kind of freeing at the same time. Saying goodbye when Ryan and Briella left to go home was a little hard. However, participating in the relay was a lot of fun and I am really glad that I finally had the chance to be involved. Thanks to Ryan for keeping Briella for the night and taking care of her most of the day on Saturday so I could get some sleep. :)
  3. Today, I started the Insanity workout program and I believe it is appropriately named. Ha ha. Day One is just the Fit Test and that kicked my butt! This is going to be good! Dropping the last 10 baby pounds plus the other 10 I needed to lose before getting pregnant is the goal. Really, I will just be super happy if my pre-pregnancy pants will actually fit. Ha ha ha.
  4. Summer is here!!! And I couldn't be happier about that! Briella and I spend a lot of time outside enjoying the sunshine, playing and exploring. I feel like this is the first summer in the last few that I am actually getting to enjoy. In 2011, I was pregnant and slept the summer away and last year Briella was still so little and I was very slow in adjusting to mommy-hood. So, yippee for this summer! We are going to enjoy every bit of it!

No comments: