Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy New Year!

Yes, I realize that it is January 25th. So, once again, I'm just slow at posting, but I wanted to anyway. :)

This year for Christmas, we decided rather than giving gifts to the adults in the family we would make memories together instead. Afterall, who even really remembers what they get each year and since we all have more than we need, for our families it made sense to do something together rather than give gifts.

For our memory making with Ryan's family we spent the New Year with ALL of Ryan's family at a cabin in Altamont for two fun-filled days and nights. What fun! And, actually, it was sunnier and warmer up there (which really only means that it made it above 0 degrees... But the sun makes it feel much warmer, right?) than in town!

Each family was in charge of making one meal for everyone and that worked out great. Lots (and lots!) of yummy food was eaten by all!

The days were filled with lounging around, playing video games, watching football, playing outside, playing board games and just hanging out with each other. I really should have taken more pictures!

The only downside was that Briella did not sleep well at all, which means Ryan and I didn't either, but that's ok. We had lots of help during the day, so at least I got to take a nap at one point. :)

All the pictures were taken while playing an XBox Kinect Disney Dance game with the nieces. :)

Ryan on his knees "dancing" with Briella.

Ryan, Briella, Jennalee and Aryka dancing.

Yeah, fun!

Ryan taking a break..it's hard work. :)

Ambrie, Aryka, Jennalee, Ahlyvia and Jayla dancing.

Ha ha ha, her expression just cracks me up!

What a great way to start 2013!

Later in the spring, we will be doing the same thing with my side of the family. I'm not sure where or what yet, but I am looking forward to it!

And I, for one, am hoping to make this an annual tradition, because I found it a much better gift than presents!

Happy 2013 to all!

No comments: